Sunday, February 15, 2009

Red and yellow, black, brown and white...

Today I preached in an Hispanic church in St. Petersburg, FL. Tonight I had dinner with a Judson alum who has sang opera in 14 different nations. Last Sunday afternoon I participated with three of our students in an Elgin-wide attempt to get people to talk rationally about immigration. Last Sunday evening I enjoyed a wonderful concert of Korean musicians who sang every word in either Italian or Korean with the financial proceeds going to help Judson students. I am reminded of the legacy of Adoniram Judson as the founder of the modern missions movement. I am reminded that the world impact of Judson University is significant and needs to expand even more. Should we look forward to the day that Judson looks like Elgin or the United Nations or like Wal-Mart on Saturday morning? Those are good models, I prefer that Judson look like the vision of Revelation 7:9 where "a great multitude which no one could number, of all nations, tribes, peoples and tongues, standing before the throne..." to praise our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment