Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Wonderful Thing

It is a wonderful thing to be loved. Tonight is Valentine's night and I am in a hotel in Tampa preparing for a sermon tomorrow and naturally the sermon is on love. The hotel is advertising a Valentine's package that offers a meal for two for $75 and, for an additional $25, the couple can have champaign! Linda is not here but the Valentine's card she gave me before embarking on this trip sits on the dresser as a reminder that I am loved and that is a wonderful thing. She wrote, "We will be apart this year, but no one will take your place. My heart is yours and I will be waiting for you to return." It may be wonderful to be rich and famous, I do not know, but it is a wonderful thing to be love. It may be a wonderful thing to be powerful and influencial, I do not know, but I do know it is a wonderful thing to be loved. How grand to receive the undeserved appreciation and affection of another--a wife and/or God. I have been blessed with both and thus I am doubly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment